Dental crowns are one of those things that people don’t think about until it’s too late. And then they’re all like, “Why do I need a dental crown?” or “What is a dental crown?” Well, never fear because Dr. Aaron Jones is the best dental crowns dentist in Highland Park and can answer all your questions!
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a dental restoration that encases the entire tooth to protect it from further damage. Crowns can be made from various materials, including porcelain, ceramic, metal, or a combination.
There are many reasons why you might need a dental crown. Sometimes, we use crowns to restore a tooth severely damaged by decay or trauma. We can also use crowns to support a tooth with a large filling, to cover a misshapen or discolored tooth, or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth.
When do I Need a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are one of the most versatile dental treatments available. We can use them to restore a damaged tooth, protect a weak tooth from fracture, or cover a dental implant. In some cases, we may even use them for cosmetic purposes. The type of dental crown you receive will also depend on the location of the tooth we are treating. For example, molars typically require a more substantial restoration than incisors. Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to get a dental crown is one that you should make with the help of a qualified dental professional such as Dr. Jones.
The 6 Benefits of Getting a Dental Crown
1. A dental crown can protect your tooth from further damage. If you have a tooth that is damaged or becomes weak, we can use a dental crown to cover and help strengthen your tooth.
2. A dental crown can help prevent your tooth from cracking or breaking. In addition to protecting your tooth, our materials are strong and can prevent further cracking or breaking.
3. A dental crown can make your tooth look better. Dental crowns can help improve the appearance of teeth by covering discolored, cracked, or misshapen teeth.
4. A dental crown can help you chew and bite better. Because dental crowns can help correct many issues, they can also help improve your ability to bite down on certain foods.
5. A dental crown can support a tooth with a large filling. When a tooth requires a large filling or when there isn’t enough of the tooth remaining, we can use a dental crown to provide extra support.
6. A dental crown can last for many years with proper care. Dental crowns are resilient and can last 10-15 years.
What Can a Dental Crown Correct?
We can use dental crowns to correct many different problems with your teeth, including:
• Severely decayed teeth
• Misshapen or discolored teeth
• Teeth with large fillings
• Cracked or broken teeth
• Weak or worn-down teeth
Dental crowns are an essential part of maintaining good oral health. If you need a dental crown, talk to Dr. Jones about all your options.
Dental Crowns in Highland Park
It’s no secret that dental crowns can help restore the function and appearance of your smile. But did you know that dental crowns are also used to prevent dental decay? That’s why Dr. Aaron Jones and the team at Highland Park Dental are proud to offer dental crowns to their patients. Made from high-quality materials; our dental crowns provide lasting protection for your teeth. As each crown is custom-made to match your natural tooth color, they’ll blend in seamlessly with your smile. So if you’re looking for a dental crown that’s both functional and attractive, look no further than Highland Park Dental! Schedule an appointment with Dr. Jones today.